At The Bouchercon 2014 - Mystery Writers Convention in Long Beach

What luck! I recently joined Mystery Writers of America as an active member AND got to go to their annual convention because this time it was held in Long Beach. It's called the Anthony Boucher Memorial World Mystery Convention, or the Bouchercon (Boucher rhymes with voucher). Anthony Boucher (William Anthony Parker White, 1911-1968) was a founding member and an early president of Mystery Writers of America, formed in 1946. As an editor, writer and critic Boucher promoted mystery and crime fiction long before it became mainstream.

At the Bouchercon I met a lot of mystery writers and fans at the various panel discussions,which  included listening to Sue Grafton (A Is For Alibi) talk about her mystery series and attending a high tea at the Westin Hotel, given by the local chapter of Mystery Writers of America. Here I am at the book room at the Hyatt Hotel, where bookstores and publishers had tables of their books. As you can see, I am somewhat exhausted from all the running around I did that particular day. But I had a great time. And got inspired to write more mystery novels.

 
Please check out my website at vanessaaryan.com
and
Please click here to sign up for my newsletter