An Exclusive Bite of The "Horror At The Lake" Series



The mirror. It was still there, on the wall next to the desk.

Susan didn't look into it. The memory haunted her. Thank goodness, she never dreamed
about it.

Come on. You can do it. It's just a mirror.

Susan inched her way to the mirror. If she were going to live here for a while, she'd have to
face it. She stood before it. Then turned away. How stupid to be afraid. She whirled around and
stared into it. Her breath came out in rasps. She saw only herself in the mirror. What a relief. She
laughed. But as she laughed, a chill ran down her spine.

The chill became more intense. She shivered. The room seemed to grow dark. A voice
screamed, Get out before it's too late. Leave this house. Get out.

The voice shrieked––a piercing scream.

Susan held her breath and listened for a moment. Then it happened again, a voice screeched
like a saw ripping through wood. In a panic, she fled from the study.

The screams followed her downstairs.

The front door ahead seemed beyond her reach. And the screams were right behind her.

She lunged at the door, her fingers closing around the knob.

The door wouldn't open. Her fingers felt numb, as if they didn't belong to her. She rattled the
knob, pressing her body into the heavy wood, but it didn't budge. In desperation, she kicked at
the door.

The shrieking grew louder. She stopped pushing, pulled the door open, and rushed outside.

The door slammed shut. The shrieking stopped.

Want to know what happens next? Snap up your copies of the "Horror At The Lake" series from Amazon today by clicking on the covers below. You can also scroll down beyond the covers to find a Q and A session with the author-- Vanessa A. Ryan!


http://www.amazon.com/Legacy-Fear-Horror-Lake-Vampire-ebook/dp/B00SXVHWFO/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1427978519&sr=1-1&keywords=vanessa+a+ryan


http://www.amazon.com/Trail-Terror-Horror-Lake-Vampire-ebook/dp/B00U1WAZPW/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1427978519&sr=1-3&keywords=vanessa+a+ryan

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Redemption-Horror-Lake-Vampire-ebook/dp/B00V5H1ZHE/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1427978519&sr=1-4&keywords=vanessa+a+ryan


Q & A with the Author Vanessa A. Ryan

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated?

I started writing in the third grade. My teacher allotted a portion of her lessons to creative writing every week. In the sixth grade, we put on a school play, and I wrote the script.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I am currently working on another traditional mystery, the second in the Lana Davis series, titled A Date For Murder. The first, A Palette For Murder, will be released this May by Five Star Publishing.

Do you ever get tired of looking at words?

I don’t know that I get tired of looking at words, but I do need to take time off. I love walking in a park near my house, watching my favorite TV shows, traveling and socializing with friends.

Who designed the covers?

The publishers of my books have designers and they create covers from settings in the books that I describe to them.

Do you ever get burned out with writing?

Sure. Writing is work. It’s putting in the time. Since December, I have been taking a break. But the holidays are over, and tomorrow, I will begin looking at the edits of the last book in my trilogy, Horror At The Lake, A Vampire Tale. However, even when I’m not writing, I’m thinking of my next book or series of books.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?

I hope you enjoy my books and the journeys they take you on.

Visit Vanessa's Amazon author page today to learn more about her work. 


Vanessa A. Ryan is the author of:
 
Horror At The Lake, A Vampire Tale mystery trilogy:


Book 1, The Legacy Of Fear -- order now


Book 2, The Trail Of Terror -- order now

Book 3, The Blood Of Redemption -- coming in April


A Palette For Murder - pre-order now -- coming in April